David H. Bailey
Updated 1 January 2022 (c) 2022
Return to main SMR page
This section lists numerous questions in the area of theology, philosophy and related topics, and then presents answers based on best available scholarship. This material was assembled by the editor, except where otherwise indicated. Each page linked to below includes detailed references.
- Are there theological advantages to an evolutionary worldview?
- Are there benefits to religious belief and participation?
- Is the Bible supported by modern archaeology?
- Can biblical chronology be used to date creation?
- What was the ancient biblical cosmology?
- Does the Bible allow for creation via evolution?
- Is the Bible inerrant?
- Can the Bible be read as a scientific textbook?
- Is big bang cosmology in conflict with Judeo-Christian theology?
Big bang theology
- Is the scientific view of creation in conflict with Judeo-Christian theism?
- Is God a Great Deceiver?
- Is the cruelty in nature consistent with Judeo-Christian theism?
- Is there a theology of evolution?
- Is God a scientific hypothesis?
- Can God be found in the gaps of scientific knowledge?
God of the gaps
- Does modern science repudiate miracles?
- Are natural laws in conflict with Judeo-Christian theism?
- Are Noah's ark and flood literal scientific facts?
- Will religion just fade away?
Religion fade away
- What do major religions say about the war between science and religion?
- Does science have all the answers?
- What do leading scientists say about the war between science and religion?
- What do theologians say about the war between science and religion?