David H. Bailey
Updated 25 March 2020 (c) 2020
Return to main SMR page
This section lists numerous questions in the area of theology, philosophy and related topics, and then presents answers based on best available scholarship. This material was assembled by the editor, except where otherwise indicated. Each page linked to below includes detailed references.
- What are the merits of the new atheist literature?
- Can one take a cafeteria approach to science and religion?
- Is there a conspiracy among scientists?
- Are there controversies among scientists?
- Has Richard Dawkins, in The God Delusion, disproved religion?
- Is modern society in decline?
- Is science or religion to blame for the decline of modern society?
- Does modern science negate human free agency?
- Is Stephen Hawking correct that modern physics removes the need for religion?
- Have science and religion have always been at war?
- Is methodological naturalism presumed in modern science?
- Does modern science undermine morality?
- What are the standards for peer-reviewed scholarship?
- Is modern science socially constructed and forever tentative?
- What is the idea of progress?
- Is scientific progress real?
- Do those with non-theistic worldviews reject pseudoscience such as astrology?
- Is there a royal road to science and religion?
- What is scientific materialism?
- Is science based on secular humanism?
- Is society becoming more violent?
- What is science?
What is science?