Q&A: Evolution, Creationism and Intelligent Design
Updated 27 October 2020 (c) 2020
Return to main SMR page
This section lists numerous questions in the area of evolution, creationism and intelligent design and related topics, and then presents answers based on best available scholarship. This material was assembled by the editor, except where otherwise indicated. Each page linked to below includes detailed references.
- How old is the Earth?
- Does irreducible complexity pose a significant challenge to evolution?
- How have courts ruled on creationism and intelligent design?
- Does creationism pose a challenge for geology and evolution?
- Have species been individually designed?
- What does DNA reveal about evolution?
- Can an evolutionary program generate English text?
- Are there analogues of biological evolution in other fields?
- What is the evidence for evolution?
- Does evolution exhibit progress or purpose?
- Is evolution falsifiable?
- How fast can evolution operate?
- Do fossil gaps disprove evolution?
- Does information theory refute evolution?
- Does intelligent design pose a challenge for evolution?
- Can evolution generate truly novel biological features?
- What do scientists understand about the origin of life?
- Are there missing links between ancient primates and modern humans?
- Does probability refute evolution?
- Does the punctuated equilibrium theory refute evolution?
- How reliable is radiocarbon dating?
- How does radiometric dating work?
- How reliable is geologic dating?
- How many scientists question evolution?
- Has speciation ever been observed in nature?
- Is evolution just a "theory"?
- Does evolution violate the second law of thermodynamics?
- How can we study geology and evolution without a "time machine"?
- Are evolution and old-earth geology built on a "uniformitarian" assumption?