David H. Bailey
Updated 16 Jan 2018 (c) 2018
This section lists numerous questions in the area of theology, philosophy and related topics, and then presents answers based on best available scholarship. This material was assembled by the editor, except where otherwise indicated. Each page linked to below includes detailed references.
- What are the theological advantages to an evolutionary worldview?
- Are there benefits to religious belief and participation?
- Is the Bible supported by modern archaeology?
- Can biblical chronology be used to date creation?
- What was the ancient biblical cosmology?
- Does the Bible allow for creation via an evolutionary process?
- Is the Bible inerrant?
- Can the Bible be read as a scientific textbook?
- Is the big bang cosmology in conflict with Judeo-Christian theology?
Big bang theology
- Is the scientific picture of creation in conflict with the Judeo-Christian Bible?
- Is God a Great Deceiver?
- Is the "red in tooth and claw" natural world consistent with Judeo-Christian theism?
- Is there a theology of evolution?
- Can the existence of God be established by scientific experimentation? Is God a scientific hypothesis?
- Can (or should) God be found in the gaps of scientific knowledge?
God of the gaps
- Does modern science repudiate miracles?
- Is a universe governed by comprehensible natural laws in conflict with Judeo-Christian theism?
- Are Noah's ark and flood literal scientific facts?
- Will religion just fade away?
Religion fade away
- What do major religious leaders and denominations say about the "war" between science and religion?
- Does science have all the answers?
- What do leading scientists and scientific societies say about the "war" between science and religion?
- What do major theologians say about the "war" between science and religion?