Q&A: Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology and Computer Science
David H. Bailey
21 December 2018 (c) 2018
Return to main SMR page
This section lists numerous questions in the area of physics, astronomy, cosmology and related topics, and then presents answers based on best available scholarship. This material was assembled by the editor, except where otherwise indicated. Each page linked to below includes detailed references.
- What is the anthropic principle of cosmology?
- How solid is the evidence for the big bang?
- Can computers think?
- What are the ultimate constituents of the universe?
- What are the cosmic coincidences?
- What is the cosmological constant paradox?
- How are distances to the stars and galaxies calculated?
- Where is Drake's equation?
- Where are the extraterrestrial civilizations?
- Is the universe fine-tuned for intelligent life?
- Has fine-tuning been refuted?
- A bibliography of books and papers on universal fine-tuning:
- What is the inflationary theory of cosmology?
- Why does the universe harbor intelligent life?
- What is the multiverse, and what is its significance?
- Did the universe have a beginning?