Q&A: Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology and Computer Science
David H. Bailey
1 Jan 2013 (c) 2013
This section lists numerous questions in the area of physics, astronomy, cosmology and related topics, and then presents answers based on best available scholarship. This material was assembled by the editor, except where otherwise indicated. Each page linked to below includes detailed references.
- What is the anthropic principle of cosmology?
- How solid is the evidence for the big bang?
- Can computers think?
- What are the cosmic coincidences?
- What is the cosmological constant paradox?
- How far away are the stars and galaxies? How are these distances calculated?
- What is Fermi's paradox?
- Why does the universe harbor intelligent life?
- What is the multiverse, and what is its significance?
- Did the universe have a beginning?