Q&A: Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology and Computer Science
David H. Bailey
9 Apr 2017 (c) 2017
This section lists numerous questions in the area of physics, astronomy, cosmology and related topics, and then presents answers based on best available scholarship. This material was assembled by the editor, except where otherwise indicated. Each page linked to below includes detailed references.
- What is the anthropic principle of cosmology?
- How solid is the evidence for the big bang?
- Can computers think?
- What are the ultimate constituents of the universe?
- Is the universe fine-tuned for intelligent life?
- What is the cosmological constant paradox?
- How far away are the stars and galaxies? How are these distances calculated?
- Where are the extraterrestrial civilizations?
- What is the inflationary theory of cosmology?
- Why does the universe harbor intelligent life?
- What is the multiverse, and what is its significance?
- Did the universe have a beginning?